Driving this evening we went past a house with a lot of political yard signs. Levi wanted to know why that house had so many signs in the yard. I told him those were political signs, it appeared as though that house was Republican, they were supporting Romney and they wanted everyone to know who they were voting for. Levi sat back in his seat and after some thought replied, "well I am voting for Obama." I was pretty proud of him for putting it all together and knowing who was running against Romney.
When we got to the gas station Ellie thought she had seen Oma's car. Levi, exasperated, says to her "That is not Oma's car unless she got another boyfriend." (rolling eyes) I laughed so hard I had to call my mom to tell her all about it.
In the evenings after dinner we have been spending about an hour (what we have of daylight) and walking the neighborhood to try and sell popcorn for the school fundraiser. It has been fun to meet our neighbors and talk with them a little. Levi is outgoing and enjoys talking to everyone and explaining all about the promotion. He sold $267 worth of popcorn, with an additional $10 in donations from people who didn't eat popcorn but who still wanted to support the cause.

No comments:
Post a Comment